Sunday, November 15, 2009

Epilogue

It's a long way back from Bangalore, so new friends turned travel companions are always welcome. Row 36 on British Air 118 was inhabited by fellow TEDsters, all of us headed for Heathrow. From left to right, it's Francis de los Reyes III, associate professor at North Carolina, Ashish Patra, student at Penn and the microbial fuel cell expert from earlier posts, and Anthony Vipin Das, ophthalmologist and founder of REPOrT, which has helped 20,000 kids in rural areas see better or again.

Like I said, amazing group of people. Of course, you should never trust the guy with the camera, as he's likely to catch you at your most glamorous.





After the stopover in London--bangers and eggs with a couple Guinness to wash it down--it was on to Boston, where I had two days of seminars to conduct at Digitas. Great people, and a lot of enthusiasm for the subject matter. I'll probably be back, which is fine with me, as there's a delightful place two blocks down that serves excellent lobster mac'n'cheese (yes, part of my re-entry is seeking out comfort food).

After Boston, Louisville, KY was the destination for yet another client. Unfortunately, after getting up at 2:30 to catch a 5:20 to Cincinnati, the flight to Loo-ville was delayed, and I never got to the meeting, calling in from the airport instead. A couple of long hours later, I was back on the plane to Chicago, then headed for San Jose.

And I'm still adjusting. I think I'm roughly on Newfoundland time. I sleep through dinner and get up at four. All worth it, though.

And it's not over yet. Subscribe, bookmark, or add the blog to your RSS feed. Karen, Mad Dog and I are leaving in ten days for Thanxgiving in LA, then two weeks later we start our holiday in SE Asia. More to come...

No comments: