Saturday, November 7, 2009

TED Talks

If you're wondering why I haven't posted anything about the main stage itself, there are a number of reasons:

1. I'm way too immersed.

2. TED takes better pictures than I do, and I watched a lot of the presentations from the simulcast lounge, which means I'd be taking pictures of TV screens.

3. You can view the real thing soon at the TED site; just search for India or individual names. My descriptions cannot do them justice.

Anyway, my favorites:

Hans Rosling on when the per capita income of China and India will match that of the West.
Devdutt Pattanaik on subjective reality.
Banny Banerjee on design and the process behind the low-cost infant incubator bag.
Sunitha Krishnan on the battle against sexual slavery.
Anupam Mishra on smart water management.
Charles Anderson on what I can only describe as the process of science.
Ryan Lobo on storytelling through still photography.

And my favorite of all (though this was highly debated):

Shekhar Kapur on story. He could have gone on forever for all I cared.

Really. Make a list and watch them. They're 18 minutes long, and much more nutritional than anything on TV.

No comments: