Friday, January 13, 2012

Taj Palace

On our long trips, we have a tradition of splurging on our last hotel. Here in Mumbai, it's the Taj Palace. Located right outside the India Gate, it's within walking distance to many of the sights. And if offers a calm and luxurious oasis in the chaos of Mumbai. Within the Taj, you can take your pick of a variety of dining options, including a Mediterranean rooftop spot, high-end Chinese, contemporary Indian, tapas, and a Morimoto sushi place (oh yes we did, more on that soon). The building is also steeped in history, having been built in 1903 by a Parsi industrialist after he was refused entry into European hotels for being a "native."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're on your last hotel, which means the blog is almost at it's end and that there will soon be a giant hole in my life which can only properly be filled with something slightly illegal (though it is legal in some counties in CA if you have a prescription).   But not being one for long goodbyes, I still look forward to more posts from your final destination.  All apologies for forgetting to sign my name to two previous posts, namely the one referencing the fine and highly underrated cable TV program "Must Love Cats," and the one espousing the comic genius of a young lady who thought Michaels' hat was funny.  I hope I can still get my elephant ride, though I'd happily settle for a camel ride and lunch at Natraj Hotel.
J-than