Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Monkeys and Pigeons and Cows! Oh My!

And dogs and wild boar and goats and camels--at least half the animals here are delicious, but it's hands off. Which means I made the right choice for breakfast back in Jaipur this morning. The most amusing thing about Indian breakfast is that seemingly anything goes: dosas, idli and sambhar, cheese omelettes, full English breakfast or, in my case, a chicken sandwich with fries and a chocolate shake. I don't know what made me do it, but anyway, it was better than the pineapple pilaf and dal I just ate (they didn't disclose the pineapple). But a traditional Indian dessert is up next: apple cobbler. Meanwhile, watch where you step and try not to get run over. If it's between you and the cow, the smart money's on Bessie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is j-than. I've been avidly reading your amazing blog. I love food pictures, by the way, but maybe more than most people. Had any good biryani yet? Only one question: Do two of Michaels vest pockets contain, respectively, a copy of Autobahn's first album and a copy of Logjammin' with Karl Hungus? Oh, hey, maybe that could be a little featurette you could do on your downtime, like a daily "what's in Michael's pockets" kinda thing. That might be cool. Anyway looks like yer having a great time, keep them posts coming!

Sleazy Furioso said...

Looks lovely. Look forward to random cows on the beaches, too.

Mamen Saura said...

It looks like you are having a great time. I can not wait to see you and hear about all your adventures